Caramel Apple Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen cookies
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- ¾ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups Granny smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup toffee pieces
- ½ cup mixed chopped nuts
- 1 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 Tbsp SACO Premium Cocoa
- 2 tsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line two cookie sheets with waxed paper; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat together sugar and butter until fluffy.
- In medium mixing bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and Buttermilk Blend.
- In cup, combine water and vanilla.
- Add sifted dry ingredients to creamed mixture alternately with the water/vanilla mixture.
- Beat until well-blended.
- Stir in oats, apples and toffee pieces.
- Drop by teaspoonful, 2 inches apart, onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle tops with nuts, pressing in lightly.
- Bake 15 minutes, or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute, then remove from cookie sheets and transfer to wire cooling rack.
- When ready to eat, drizzle cookies with Ice Cream Topping, then with Glaze.
- In medium mixing bowl beat together all ingredients.
- Drizzle over caramel topping on cookies as directed.