Saco Southwestern Tortellini Chowder
Serves: 8 servings
- 10 oz condensed chicken broth
- 1½ cups mild chunky salsa
- ½ tsp orange peel, grated
- 20 oz refrigerated mixed cheese tortellini
- 1 cup broccoli, frozen
- 1½ cups corn, frozen
- 1 cup canned dark kidney beans
- ½ cup red pepper, sliced salt, to taste
- 10 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2½ cups water
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine broth, salsa and orange peel.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes.
- Stir in tortellini and vegetables, cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tortellini and vegetables are tender.
- Combine Cultured Buttermilk and water.
- Stir in milk and salt, cook 5 minutes but do not boil.
- Top each serving with a pinch of cilantro and Parmesan cheese.