Serves: 8 servings
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup leeks, sliced, white parts only
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 cups small red potatoes, quartered
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups zuchinni, sliced and quartered
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 4 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 2 Tbsp sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp capers
- 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 lb poached salmon, reserving liquid
- In a saucepan, saute celery, carrots and leeks in oil with garlic until garlic is soft.
- Add potatoes and broth.
- Cook 10-15 minutes.
- Add zuchinni and cook till crisp/tender.
- In a separate bowl combine corn starch with Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend; slowly add 3 cups of the poaching liquid.
- Add peppers, capers and parsley to the saucepan and then the liquid mixture.
- Cook until thickened.
- Fold in flaked salmon.
- Warm through and serve.