Serves: 12 biscuits
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- ⅓ cup shortening
- 1 Tbsp steak grilling seasoning
- 2 Tbsp ice water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in seasoning mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine water and sour cream; add to dry ingredients.
- Mix just to combine ingredients.
- Turn out dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 8-12 times. Roll out to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut out biscuits with floured biscuit cutter.
- Cut straight down; do not twist cutter.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter.
- On ungreased baking sheet, bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove biscuits from oven and brush again with melted butter.