Lemon Marble Pound Cake with Brandied Glaze
Serves: 16 servings
- Pound Cake
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup SACO Cultured Buttermilk Blend
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups water
- 1 Tbsp lemon extract
- 1 cup SACO Premium Cocoa, sifted
- 1 cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS, chopped
- 1 cup SACO Chocolate CHUNKS
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup brandy
- Pound Cake
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend.
- Set aside.
- With electric mixer and medium speed, beat the butter, gradually pour in the sugar, and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating just to combine.
- With mixer at low speed, add the flour mixture alternately with the water and lemon extract.
- Starting and ending with the flour.
- Scrape two-thirds of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Add the sifted Saco Premium Baking Cocoa to the remaining batter in the bowl, and beat until well blended.
- Fold in the chopped Saco Chocolate Chunks.
- Drop large spoonfuls of the chocolate mixture over the batter in the bundt pan and swirl through the batter with a small spatula to make a marbled effect.
- Bake until a cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 70 minutes.
- Set on rack to cool for 20 minutes, remove from pan and cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in microwave set at half power for two minutes; stir.
- Add more time if necessary.
- Whisk in the corn syrup and the brandy stirring until smooth.
- While glaze is still warm, spoon over cake.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 442 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 10g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 48g Sugar: 16g Sodium: 408mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 8g Cholesterol: 68mg