Mango Strawberry Shortcake
Serves: 6 servings
- Shortcake [THIS IS MISSING INGREDIENTS ON THE SITE PAGE]
- 1½ cup plain yogurt
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 mangoes
- 1½ cups strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and Saco Cultured Buttermilk Blend in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Add water and mix thoroughly.
- Form dough into ball and press into a 9 x 5 inch pan and freeze.
- When dough hardens, cut into six squares and place onto baking sheet.
- Brush with a mixture of 1 tsp egg yolk and 1 tsp water.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 300°F.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Combine yogurt, orange juice, sugar and orange zest.
- Stir in mangoes and strawberries.
- Drizzle puree onto dessert plates.
- Cut each shortcake in half horizontally.
- Cover the bottom half of each shortcake with ¾ cup of fruit filling mixture and place the other half on top.
Nutrition InformationCalories: 578 Fat: 26g Saturated fat: 16g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 78g Sugar: 41g Sodium: 512mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 104mg